Slovenian Pattern Recognition Society
The Slovenian Pattern Recognition Society (SPRS) is a national association of non-profit, scientific or professional organisations and individuals concerned with pattern recognition, computer vision, image processing, speech recognition and understanding, and biomedical signal classification in a broad sense.
SPRS was established in July 1992 with the approval of the SPRS Charter [PDF] and the election of the first Executive Committee. The authority of the Society is vested in the Executive Committee composed of representatives of the society members who decide all important matters such as general policy, the programme of activities, admissions, elections and budget.
The major event in the SPRS calendar is the annual Slovenian Electrotechnical and Computer Science Conference (ERK), where the Society organises several Sections and discussions. Traditionally the conference takes place in Portorož in the second half of September. SPRS also organizes talks, workshops and conferences related to the fields of interest to the society.
The goal of the society is:
- to promote pattern recognition and related branches of engineering, together with related arts and sciences,
- to stimulate research, development and the application of pattern recognition in science and human,
- to further the dissemination and exchange of information on pattern recognition in the broad sense,
- to encourage education in all aspects of pattern recognition.
Fields of Interest
The fields of interest to SPRS are:
- Computer Vision
- Neural Networks
- Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Speech Processing, Recognition and Understanding
- Image Processing and Coding
- Shape and Texture analysis
- Biomedical Pattern analysis and information systems
- Multi-media systems
- Structural Pattern Recognition
- Statistical Pattern Recognition
- Cognitive Vision